Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Got You, Brandt

In Honour of Lord Brandt das Lederwerker being squired to Sir Evander MachLachlan*
Sung to the tune of "I Got You, Babe" by Sonny and Cher

by Laird Colyne Stewart and Lady Thorfinna gra'feldr

Evander:    They say that now that I'm a knight,
                   I have to train some others how to fight.

Brandt:             Well, I've been fighting for several years,
                        But to date I've not been doing it for Peers.

Evander:    Brandt. I've got you Brandt. I've got you Brandt.
                        They say you know how to swing a stick,
                        And that your armoured legs are not too thick.

Brandt:             They say you like to gobble food up,
                        But only if its slathered in ketchup.

Evander:    Brandt. I've got you Brandt. I've got you Brandt.
                        I've got butt wraps to cause pain,
                        I've got you to wear my chain.

Brandt:             And when I'm bad...

Evander:    Oh yeah!

Brandt:             You're my dad!

Evander:    I'm your dad!

Brandt:             And you'll straighten me out fast!
                        Don't let 'em say that you're too small,
                        'Cause your heart is bigger then 'em all.

Evander:           Then put my belt about your waist,
                        There's no opposition we can't face.
Brandt. I've got you Brandt. I've got you Brandt.
                        I've got you to wash my car...

Brandt:             I've got you to take me far!

Evander:    I've got you to make me stuff...

Brandt:             I've got you to treat me rough!

Evander:    I've got you to lug my gear...

Brant:               I've got you to install fear!

Evander:    I've got you to mow my grass...

Brandt:             I've got you to kick my ass!

Evander:    I've got you Brandt. (x7)

* A note upon the text. At Brandt's squiring (at Pennsic War XXXII, the "bloody muddy Pennsic") he and Evander sat side by side, the better to conspire together. To onlookers it appeared as if they were gazing into each others’ face. Thorfinna began to hum "I Got You, Brandt" and this is the inevitable result.

No comments:

Post a Comment